It is super easy. Download the app and create an account. Find a car in your neighborhood and make a reservation. You can open the car by swiping from left to ride on your telephone.
Enjoy your ride and return the car to the indicated location in the app. Then you just have to finish your ride and you are done.
Fixed parking space:
You can find the address of the fixed parking space in your booking. The space is marked with a special sign for car sharing.
Cars with a zone space don't have their own parking space; instead, they can be parked in the blue marked zone. You can find this zone in your booking.
How to disconnect the charging cable from the car varies from car to car. You can often release the charging cable by pressing a button next to the steering wheel (Renault ZOE) or by unlocking the car again with the car key (Hyundai Kona).
Check the manual of the car in your booking for instructions on how to disconnect the charging cable from the car.
Standard decoupling instructions:
- You may need to unlock the cable from the car. For example, by opening the car again with the key or using a button next to the steering wheel (not available in all cars). Please refer to the manuals for more information.
- Retrieve the charging card from the glove compartment.
- Hold the charging card in front of the sensor on the charging station until the light goes off.
Important: always place the charging cable back into the car.
The cost of reserving a car depends on several factors, like the price category per car, your subscription, and the hourly and mileage rate.
We have cars in three price categories:
- A small city car
- A mid-range car (both electric and fuel)
- A spacious/luxury car (special).
Good to know:
• Per day (24 hours), you pay ten times the hourly rate
• The rate per kilometer includes fuel/charging
Want to make a price indication yourself?:
💡Tip: use the price calculator in de app! Then you can calculate the exact amount of your trip.
The screenshots are an example of the app interface. Try the app yourself for real-time price indication.
You may have already seen it: Amber has joined forces with MyWheels. From October we will also merge our platforms step by step. Below you will find a number of frequently asked questions to inform you about the upcoming transition from Amber to MyWheels.
Do you have any questions after reading this page? Please contact MyWheels support.
- Why are users being transferred from Amber to MyWheels?
- In order to continue to serve customers and users well in the future, we have chosen to further develop the MyWheels platform and to gradually phase out the Amber platform. As a result, we will soon have one app and one proposition with which we can provide as many users as possible with sustainable and flexible mobility. The first steps have already been taken. The next step is to transfer the users. We will start this with all consumers. Business users will follow later.
- What will change in the service?
- At Amber you were used to making a reservation from a desired location and the most suitable car was assigned to your reservation. At MyWheels, all cars and their availability can be seen on the map. If you want to reserve a car, choose a car that is available at your desired time. The cars have a fixed parking space or zone. These cars must therefore always be returned to the same place or in the same zone.
- Which users can have their account transferred?
- All users who are registered as consumer and have an active Amber account can have their account transferred. We cannot transfer users who do not yet have an active or complete account. These users can create a MyWheels account themselves via the MyWheels app. They can no longer complete their registration in the Amber app. We are also not transferring the group of Amber users who already have a MyWheels account. This group can continue to use our services with their MyWheels account. At the beginning of October, all users who are consumers at Amber will receive an email with information about the situation that applies to them.
- How do I transfer my account?
- The users who are eligible to transfer their account will receive an email about this on October 17. This email contains a button with which you give us permission to transfer your account. You will then receive a request by email to choose a password. You can then log in to the MyWheels app with this password and your email address. You can then immediately use the MyWheels app. You do not have to fill in your details again or have your driving license validated. Didn't you get an email? Please also check your spam box. If you have been blocked from Amber or MyWheels in the past, you will not receive an email from us. In that case you cannot transfer your account.
- What happens to my Amber account after October 31?
- After October 31, you can no longer make a reservation in the Amber app. You still have access to http://my.driveamber.com until January 1. Your Amber account will then be permanently deleted and you will no longer have access to historical trip data. After the legal retention period has expired, all your personal data will also be deleted.
- What happens to the credit that is still on my wallet?
- You cannot transfer any credit on your Amber wallet to MyWheels. Remaining credit will be automatically refunded in October, after we have settled any outstanding invoices. Credit that has been topped up with vouchers will not be refunded and you cannot take it with you to MyWheels.
- Until when can I have my account transferred?
- You have until January 1, 2024 to transfer your account via the button in the email. The link will then expire and you will have to create a new account at MyWheels.
- What happens to trips I have already planned?
- Until October 31, you can continue to use Amber as you are used to. All rides from November 1 will be cancelled. Do you still need a car after October 31? Then make a new reservation in the MyWheels app.
- I (also) have a business account with Amber. Can I also transfer this account?
- No, this is not possible yet. Transferring the business accounts will follow later. All customers and users will receive notice of this in a timely manner. As a business user, would you still like to use MyWheels? Then have your organization register for MyWheels Business.
- How does MyWheels work?
- Where should I return a MyWheels car?
- A station-based or zone car must always be returned to the same place or zone. Take a look at the MyWheels app for the exact locations of the cars and zones.
- How much does MyWheels cost?
- View the rates page on the MyWheels website.
- Which payment methods are supported at MyWheels?
- At MyWheels you can pay in advance or afterwards by: iDEAL and direct debit. By default, your account is set to pay in advance. If you want to pay afterwards, we ask you for a deposit of €250. The costs of your trip are then charged weekly. In addition, we are working hard to make it possible for you to be able to pay by credit card at MyWheels soon.
- Why are users being transferred from Amber to MyWheels?